News Editor/Reviews Editor
Here is the list of claims made:
- Blutooth synchronicity with a plethora of devices, including smartphones and tablets, and the ability to answer phone calls or even display text messages on the NX screen.
- Uses a more advanced version of the Wii U's streaming technology to display HD on the TV.
- A wireless HDMI dongle flush against the back of the system. Can pull it out and insert it into any normal sized HDMI output.
- Small motors within the analog controls express feedback, such as the control moving away when your character runs into a wall.
- Close to the power of the Xbox One, and shares the same hardware layout as it and the PS4.
- Said to be able to easily run games from Xbox One and PS4 with very little modifications, especially if it runs on Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. One third party developer said, "it's the easiest device we've ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works."
- Pokemon GO may be a good example of how the social aspect of the NX works.
- It will advance multiplayer, AR, and the StreetPass concept.
- One of the biggest strengths of the system is its ease of use.
- Developers have described it as "as if Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS had a baby."
- Powerful operating system, named NintendoOS (go figure), that contains many similarities with mobile operating systems.
- Very strong networking functions. It seems they are attempting to create a hub-like environment for the consumers' electronics.
- Nintendo is very careful in showing it off as not to mistake it as running Android.
All of this information seems amazing, if only it is true. Geno has made claims before, but has a reputation for being legitimate. He foresaw the Playstation 4 having hardware to run modern-day graphics, Microsoft's Illumiroom, and different types and forms of Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y, so it is reasonable to get excited. It seems that Nintendo is reinventing itself yet again, and I am curious to see how the NX develops, how much is true, and how many other features may still be secret.