Today Nintendo had another streaming Direct, if you don't know what this is, Nintendo showcases what they have lined up in the future. Today's direct was centered toward Super Smash Bros for the Wii U and the 3DS. If you were unable to catch it or don't have time to watch it later, here are the announcements and highlights.
- Releases times are Summer For the 3DS version and Winter For the Wii U version this year.
- Boss Characters will be on the battlefields
- Online Multiplayer will feature both Casual and Competitive modes
- A new Ranking System called Global Smash Power will be in effect
- New Items and Trophies were announced
- Master Balls will be part of those new items and will have Rare and Legendary Pokemon
- Characters that could change mid battle will no longer have that happen, this means that Samus/Zero Suit Samus and Zelda/Shiek will be 2 different playable characters
- Custom Movesets will be a feature for the competitive crowd
- 3DS had a new game mode called Smash Run, its a competitive online mode that has 2- 4 players spending 5 minutes in a large space collecting Bonuses, then after that 5 minutes, the battle starts with all the bonuses you collected, boosting your characters stats.
- New Characters announced:
Yoshi will be returning with a slightly new look.
Charizard has entered the battle by himself, no trainer attached.
Greninja leaps into the fight, this is the final evolved form of the starter Pokemon, Froakie from Pokemon X and Y.
There were plenty of other announcements so i recommend watching the direct. You can see it below.
- Gregg Dietz (@ChubRockGeek)